Thursday, 3 July 2014

Quiet But Busy!


It's been a couple of weeks but I have been busy...honestly!
Meet Sunbonnet Sue.
It's Belle's 1st birthday in a few weeks time and I wanted to make her a larger quilt than the one I made when she was born.  That has been well used as a play mat and it thrills me to see it being enjoyed!


So this is a bit larger and will be suitable as a cot quilt for her.
I bought the fabric from a shop in Anglesey I visited.
It's Moda Printemps and I really wanted to make something special with it as it's so pretty!
This won't be the last you see of this fabric as I have loads!
I bought a jelly roll as well as a few 1/2m and metre pieces.

...and here is the quilt top finished...

I'm going to back it with fleece fabric again and the border will be red...but I can't quilt it yet as I'm awaiting delivery of the fleece!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what else have I been up to?  Well remember I joined a quilting bee a couple of months ago?  We I've now done 3 blocks - I posted July's block this week.  Here are June's and July's...


I'm also working on two new projects for Popular Patchwork magazine...a play mat and a bed runner.  The tops for those are finished and waiting to be quilted so will be sent off soon...hopefully!

Also last week my Batik Hearts quilt was received by the editor of Patchwork & Quilting magazine for inclusion in the September issue (I think)...I'll let you know...but here's a taster...


And I haven't finished!
I've just started another project using Amy Butler fabrics...this will be going to Patchwork & Quilting too when it's finished...but it could be some time yet...


...this is just a block layout for now...there will be more!

And I still haven't finished...I've been thread-painting too as I've been taking lots of photos of my garden plants...but that will be for my next blog post...
:-)

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Fabulous projects.Love them all!

Gina said...

Love the Sunbonnet Sues. Between us I think we've probably bought all of that Printemps. I've got two layer cakes, two jelly rolls and a charm pack.I'm going to be using it for years xx