Saturday, 21 June 2014

Magic Garden Quilt

 
Almost two years ago I bought this fabric from the Festival of Quilts.
I couldn't wait to get started and soon got the quilt top finished.
I backed it with a lilac fleece and started to quilt it.  I had such a job quilting it that I soon got bored and put it to one side for another day.
18 months later it's finished!

There's a lot of quilting in it and that's why it took so long, plus I struggled with my other machine...it was never very happy with FMQ but luckily my new machine loves it as you can see from all the UFO's I've finished in the past couple of weeks :-)

Close up of a block

Back

Closer view of the back

Close up of block on the back

Don't look too closely at the back as I haven't tidied it up yet
;-)

So that seems to be it for UFO's apart from 3 block swap quilts which still need to be stitched together but that's for another day.  

I'm happy to say that my Batik Hearts quilt will soon be winging its way to British Patchwork & Quilting Magazine
as a project!
Woohoo...how excited am I?  I'm still in the middle of a couple of projects for 
Popular Patchwork
too so I think they will be next on my list to finish.

I think I'm finally settling into my 'retirement' now
:-)

2 comments:

Gina said...

I love how you've quilted this. I seem to be running out of ideas for my quilting. It's stipple or nothing at the moment xx

Maggi said...

A lovely finish. Glad to hear that your'e enjoying the retirement.