Thursday, 19 June 2014

Japanese Garden Quilt

 
I've just realised I forgot to blog about my Japanese Garden quilt which again was started 2 years ago, put to one side, picked up again a year ago and now it's finished!

I did this as a quilt as you go but made a bit of a mess of the back although the quilting bit was much easier - it's the joining of the seams on the back that I have problems with!

(back)


The centre is four appliquéd floral squares which are surrounded by log cabin blocks then a border of on point squares.



For some reason it's really heavy!  I wondered if it is the gold metallic in the fabric...anyway, after I had finished it I suffered with backache for a few days...coincidence??

BUT...it is lovely to sleep under on these warm muggy nights
:-)

3 comments:

Living to work - working to live said...

That is beautiful.

Gina said...

Beautiful. I'm just discovering QAYG and I'm not totally sure of it yet either xx

Maggi said...

Gorgeous.