Friday, 24 January 2014

Black & White & Red All Over - Finished At Last!!

Well it's done!
It's been tricky but I persevered and got it finished at last!

I bought a book called Quilting Modern as I wanted to learn more about improvisational quilts.  This design was in the book and caught my eye straight away.  I really need to challenge myself and I'm really happy with the result.
It measures about 52" x 52" so more of a throw or lap quilt size.



Phew...now for more creativity!  
Next week I've got a sale of my stuff at the local private hospital,
The Alexandra Hospital, in Cheadle
so I'll be taking along cards, small quilts, cushion covers and my thread-painted postcards.
It'll make a change if nothing else ;-)

6 comments:

Dotty said...

That's beautiful- very striking.x

Angela said...

Thanks Dotty! Hey where abouts in Stockport are you...I'm in Cheadle :-)

Gina said...

Stunning and I love the quilting on it xxx

Bev Mayo said...

Wow - it is a dramatic quilt

Angela said...

Thanks Bev & Gina :-)

Maggi said...

Very striking result.