Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Zig-Zag Quilt Finished!

Just six weeks after I found myself trawling the stands at the Festival of Quilts for particular styles of fabric, the zig-zag quilt is finished!
Jenny did all the piecing of the blocks and I constructed and quilted it.
It doesn't look too bad does it :-)
We decided to use wine coloured fleece as the backing - we couldn't have chosen a better colour - it goes really well! I quilted in the ditch and folded the backing over to the front to form the binding.
It's turned out a lovely cuddly, snuggle quilt that might have sparked an interest in quilting for Jenny...let's hope so!

2 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Angela. Great quilt that has so much energy! Also enjoyed seeing your Passeggiata quilt. Congratulations on all the awards--what a great group of friends!
best, nadia

Glady said...

Oh my goodness! When I looked at your zigzag, I had to do a double take. I just finished one for my son and it is so close in colors that it is uncanny! Take a look at my zig zag quilt and see what you think. Gladysgab.blogspot.com