The City Sampler is finished at last!
It's taken 10 months off and on.
I'm really pleased at how it's turned out and also with my choice of quilting design which is so simple (naturally for me!) but looks really effective.
I chose a bright multicoloured yarn from the Superior King Tut variegated range and it's perfect.
It looks great on the black background.
For anyone who would like to make their own City Sampler this is the book I worked from...
(click on the link above to take you to Amazon UK)
All the blocks are 6" square and some are quite fiddly to make but well worth the effort :-)
I've also recently finished another couple of pairs of socks for a toddler pair...
These for my son...
...and these for my little grand-daughter made from left-over yarn from a pair I made myself. I've found that from 100g I can get one pair of ladies socks and once pair of toddler socks.
Unfortunately I don't seem to have enough left from a pair of men's socks :-(
I've been asked if I would like to contribute to Fabrications Quilting For You magazine so I'm now working on a couple of projects for them along with Popular Patchwork and British Patchwork & Quilting...well, it keeps me out of mischief ;-)
My next project to be published is a bed runner in Popular Patchwork March issue. I will post photos when I can - I'm still waiting for the January issue to arrive with my baby play mat in so will post that too when I get it. In the meantime here's a computer generated image of the bed runner made with Stonehenge fabric...